Domain Agents has published its 2021 domain valuation guide.
Ryan McKegney, CEO of DomainAgents, said:
“As it turned out, domains had one of their best periods ever and 2021 has continued on that pace.”
Here are some important points from the Domain Agents domain valuation guide:
Short, one-word .com domains
- Example: Wolf.com (sold for $550,000 USD), Dabble.com (sold for $75,000 USD)
- Price range: $50,000 – $500,000+
- Watch out for: Common, brandable, and trendy words as these can increase the value of a domain.
- There is no upper limit, but sales like Voice.com for $30M are outliers.
Longer or Uncommon One-word .com domains
- Example: Triangular.com (sold for $55,000 USD)
- Price range: $10,000-$50,000+
- Watch out for: Brandable, trendy words, or variations of more common or shorter words which can increase the value of a domain.
Three-letter .com domains
- Example: PLP.com (sold for $117,500 USD), GWI.com (sold for $105,000 USD), NIP.com (sold for $74,000 USD), ZAG.com (sold for $450,000 USD)
- Price range: $25,000k -$50,000k+, potentially over 7 figures
- Watch out for: Trendy abbreviations that can increase value.
Two-letter .com domains
- Example: IZ.com (sold for $625,000 USD), MK.com (sold for $700,000 USD)
- Price range: $500,000 to several million
- These are extremely rare and don’t sell often.
Two-word .com domains
- Example: ClearStreet.com (sold for $125,000 USD), TheHair.com (sold for $5071 USD)
- Price range: $1,500 – $50,000+
- Watch out for: Brandable or trendy keywords that will increase a domain’s value.
- The pairing has to make sense. Two random words together that don’t make sense in the context of eachother are worthless.
Factors that increase value:
- Domains that are singular (vs. plural), or are related to current events (i.e. major global and political events), financial services, the auto industry, cryptocurrency, cannabis, or blockchain tend to be higher in value. Currently, domains with NFT/nifty, coin, and crypto are hot.
Factors that decrease value:
- Just like there are modifiers that increase value, we’ve found that these modifiers tend to decrease value: porn terms, past tense words, and words or terms with negative connotations. We also don’t recommend investing in COVID related domains. Many marketplaces have banned them and they have been associated with bad or unethical behavior.
To read the complete Domain Agents 2021 domain valuation guide please click here.