ChopChop.domains did an interview with Daniel Chen, Chairman at 190.com, that bought nearly 7,000 LLLL.com domains names for almost $20 million dollars.
The video interview was conducted on the 22nd of March 2016.
Mr. Chen stated that in 2015 his organization spent about $20 million acquiring domain names, and in particular acquired about 7,000 non-vowel LLLL.com names. 190.com is based in Shenzhen, China.
- How did you get started in the business?
- Tell us about your acquisition activity in 2015.
- Is the market for your names global or just for Chinese consumers?
- Where is your U.S. office going to be located?
- What you going to do with all those LLLL.coms?
- Where do you see pricing and the market going in the next year or so?
- Why the rapid growth in prices last year?
- Do you find value in ccTLDs because they are 2 character vs. new gTLDs with longer names? Does the TLD not matter to Chinese?
- MIIT regulations and ICP
- How did you arrive at 190.com as the name for your company?
Mr. Pinkard ‘Pinky’ Brand 柏平凯
V.P. 副总裁, TLD Registry Ltd. 域通联达
Mr. Jin Wang 王瑨
G.M. China 中国区总经理 , TLD Registry Ltd. 域通联达