Rightside announced that on March 18 it will release certain two-character domains for each of the Top Level Domains (TLDs) in its portfolio, which includes such extensions as .SOCIAL and .ATTORNEY. These two-character domain names, such as 2b.social, 21.rocks, and A1.lawyer, offer more than 20,000 new URL options for businesses and consumer.
Rightside included the following details in today’s announcement:
- The release will take place on March 18, 2015, at 17:00 UTC
- Over 20,000 new domain names will be made available, with prices ranging from $200 to $50,000
- Domain names will be made available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Registrars can offer their customers the opportunity to pre-register for these domain names
- Many (but not all) two-character configurations will be available (number/letter, letter/number, number/number)