DAN 2.0 went live today with a lot of changes.
Frank Koelewijn, Head of Brand & Design, said today:
“We started Dan with a mission to empower entrepreneurs and make the domain world a better, more transparent place. We are pioneering as the partner of entrepreneurs, stakeholders, and the rest of the industry to name, build and grow their business.
Today we are announcing the evolution of our brand, a major step towards empowering everyone to build towards their goals. Our brand is growing to incorporate an inspiring visual identity that strengthens our mission and complements the simplicity of our tools.
We’re still the same Dan, just with more space to grow.”
Here is what Dan shared today:
What’s changed and what hasn’t
We’ve updated our logo, wordmark, typeface, colours, and imagery like illustrations. We’ve also evolved from “DAN.COM” to “Dan.com” with just a capital D. Our name began as a metaphor: Domain Automation Network. These days we do focus more on becoming the partner of entrepreneurs, stakeholders, and the rest of the industry, and our name stands for more than just automation.
Aside from new colours and looking more fresh, we want to make sure the transition towards your new workflow at Dan will go gradually instead of a massive change once. A couple of highlights for this update:
For Sale pages
- We have streamlined the buying options for the For Sale Pages;
- All For Sale Pages have been optimized for mobile purchases;
- We’ve given our ‘Standard For Sale Page’ more options. From now on you can choose any colour for your header background. And you’re also able to have a predefined colour overlay for your (animated) images;
- We’ve designed a new For Sale Page template. This version is a more brand-able and informative option for portfolio holders. You can even create your own brand card!;
Customer Area update
- Our Customer Area has a more clear way of navigating;
- Our Transaction window has been updated to make it better readable;
- Our settings are updated to clarify your selection.
- We’ve put extra emphasis on our processes to become a more transparent and trustworthy marketplace. To achieve this we’ve completely redesigned our public pages from scratch;
- We have improved our checkout process;
There’s more to come
From early on, we were determined to comprehensively roll out this new brand. It’s not the Dan way to just slap a new logo on the website and tweak the colours; if a rebrand is to be successful, it needs full commitment.
So, the past few months we’ve been working hard to apply the brand system to every facet of our company and products. And after a lot of research and listening to your needs, we have some massive product updates in the pipeline, which we’ll add continuously within the next months. A couple of feature highlights:
- Optional premium brokerage by MediaOptions;
- Add categories & categories settings to keep easily track of your domain names;
- Offering fully integrated registrar services;
- Easily bulk edit your domain names settings;
- Payoneer integration for payouts;
- Account balances;
- Increase prices in percentages or by a certain amount;
- Advanced filters for your domain overview;
- And more to come.