.GLOBAL domains turned 2 this month. .Global was launched 9 September 2014.
The number of premium domains sold is 253. The average sales price per premium domain sold is $ 2,751 USD.
8189 domain are still reserved as premium domains. 5989 of these domains have fixed prices and are available through registrars. All the premium domains hold a regular (not premium) renewal fee.
Here are some statistics after two years:
- Registered domain names: 27,000
- Average domains per registrant: 1.2
- 82% domains have a web server configured
- 58% domains have email configured
- 31% domains have fully developed websites (not counting parking or landing pages)
- Only 4.8 % forwards to other domain names, implying that the .GLOBAL domain is mostly being used as a primary domain name for online branding.
- 20% of the domains are single words found in the English dictionary
- 95% of the words in the English dictionary is available and not yet registered
- 1,781 3 letter (LLL) domains has been registered
- 90% of the 3 letter (LLL) domains are still available
- 93% of the 3 number (NNN) are still available
- A clean namespace is proven by less than 0.009% domains with reported unwanted behaviour.
Average renewal rate for first year registrations of 68%. Second year renewal rate cannot be accurately calculated yet, but is expected significantly higher than first year registrations.
<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/xCLMHrnzu3Y” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>