Frank Schilling’s new registrar, Uniregistrar, is set to launch on Monday.
Frank Schilling’s new gTLD registry, Uniregistry, had a lot of problems with the .tattoo and .sexy new gTLD launch. It seems that Frank does not like me very much because I pointed out these problems but I write this blog mostly to complain about problems, me and other domainers have. I make the most complaints on services and products I like and use. For example I just say that Network Solutions and Register.com are 2 of the worst registrars and that is about it. But I like and use DomainNameSales.com and that is why I have made a few posts with my problems, bugs and suggestions. Most of them have been fixed since. Some of Uniregistry’s problems are fixed too.
Here is what expect to see from the new registrar, Uniregistrar:
- Low and competitive domain name registration and renewal prices
- Wide range of TLDs offered (gTLDs, new gTLDs, ccTLDs)
- Free whois privacy
- Solid and fully featured control panel
- Bulk features (contacts, nameservers, renewals, transfer in, auth codes, etc.)
- Many payment options (Credit card, paypal, wire transfer etc.)
- Proper invoicing system (very important to European customers)
- 24/7 no bullshit support
- 2 step authentication (either by SMS, security questions etc.)
- Option to delete a domain name at any time without contacting support
- Easy way to push a domain to a different account
- Everybody can create an account fast and easy
I expect to see a few bugs here and there which should be normal but here are 3 things I only expect to see from my Daddy’s registrar:
- Coupon codes
- Hidden fees
- Whois details behind privacy shared with anyone
Did a miss anything? Please feel free to add any other desirable features in the comments below.