Frank Schilling’s new registrar, Uniregistrar, is set to launch on Monday.
Frank Schilling’s new gTLD registry, Uniregistry, had a lot of problems with the .tattoo and .sexy new gTLD launch. It seems that Frank does not like me very much because I pointed out these problems but I write this blog mostly to complain about problems, me and other domainers have. I make the most complaints on services and products I like and use. For example I just say that Network Solutions and Register.com are 2 of the worst registrars and that is about it. But I like and use DomainNameSales.com and that is why I have made a few posts with my problems, bugs and suggestions. Most of them have been fixed since. Some of Uniregistry’s problems are fixed too.
Here is what expect to see from the new registrar, Uniregistrar:
- Low and competitive domain name registration and renewal prices
- Wide range of TLDs offered (gTLDs, new gTLDs, ccTLDs)
- Free whois privacy
- Solid and fully featured control panel
- Bulk features (contacts, nameservers, renewals, transfer in, auth codes, etc.)
- Many payment options (Credit card, paypal, wire transfer etc.)
- Proper invoicing system (very important to European customers)
- 24/7 no bullshit support
- 2 step authentication (either by SMS, security questions etc.)
- Option to delete a domain name at any time without contacting support
- Easy way to push a domain to a different account
- Everybody can create an account fast and easy
I expect to see a few bugs here and there which should be normal but here are 3 things I only expect to see from my Daddy’s registrar:
- Coupon codes
- Hidden fees
- Whois details behind privacy shared with anyone
Did a miss anything? Please feel free to add any other desirable features in the comments below.
Another good idea would be the grace delete platform that dynadot has, good money maker for them, little added revenue.
What do you mean by Whois privacy of Godaddy’s shared with anyone?
Frank likes you very much, actually. 😀
Not sure if arbitrary deletion of domains is feasible, the rest more or less make sense.
@Ryan – Here: http://torrentfreak.com/domains-proxy-hands-personal-details-pirate-site-owner-140307/
Theo there are a few registrars that allow this.
I would suggest that an extra layer of security is required for such a feature.
I would echo the caution about allowing customers to delete their own names. There is very little upside this and a lot of downside.
Tom I can understand what you are saying.
That can be a feature that is only enabled to experienced users with the extra layer of security. (2 step authentication plus an email confirmation)
1) features to create a contact form with a couple of flags (see Namesilo)
2) no tricks for transferring out a domain (of course the client must be able to get the auth code and do any other thing to transfer out the domain without having to ask nothing)
3) NO automatic parking (example: automatic parking “offered” by Name on sedo…). Absolutely NOT, even if the parking is on DNS. It would be much different if DNS would start an independent advertising circuit, something completely unrelated to google…
4) automatic 1 month grace period to renew domains after expiration without having to pay any additional fee (I know it depends even by the TLD, but there are registrars giving that automatic 1 month grace period at least on com net org info and biz)
Finally, it would be fantastic finding new features like:
a) features to help selling vanity email address and/or subdomains
b) ” to help the creation of advertising directory, to sell adv.banner etc. For instance, having a great buying power they could do a “partnership” with software companies to offer large discounts for their customers and free trial of powerful advertising tools (for instance with the company selling the AdAgency plugin for Joomla – sorry for the adv.but this is necessary to explain better my idea)
3) This important for both newly registered domain names and expired ones.
4) Right again.
Great Ideas Sexy Tips, or is it Tips.Sexy
Thank you, I hope they can help. Anyway it is Sexy Tips, since I didn’t control it but I have a feeling like Mr.Frank would prevent the registration of Tips.Sexy… 🙂 🙁
Tips.Sexy: parked at Sedo.
Automatically by the registrar?….