EURid released its Q1 2021 progress report, sharing its quarterly statistics and developments.
- 186,488 new domain name registrations recorded;
- Ireland tops the list of countries for registration growth at +9.3%;
- An average renewal rate of 79.3%.
Total registrations decreased slightly from 3,684,984 at the end of Q4 2020 to 3,681,337 at the end of Q1 2021, indicating an ongoing deletion of Brexit-related domain names registered in the UK.
The main developments throughout the quarter included:
- Joining forces with the Global Cyber Alliance for the Domain Trust project;
- Launching the second edition of the SAFEonLINE Art competition;
- Prolonging the “SUSPENDED” status of Brexit-related .eu domain names to 30 June 2021, instead of the previously published date of 31 March 2021;
- Implementing a KYC tool to ensure that the information contained in any EURid-maintained database is accurate and up-to-date.
Read more from EURid’s Q1 2021 Progress Report.