Architelos announced a flat rate NameSentry pricing for new gTLDs today:
Architelos, Inc., the leading provider of automated domain name abuse detection and mitigation services, announced a flat rate pricing for its NameSentry automated abuse detection and mitigation service targeted at new generic Top Level Domains (gTLDs). New gTLD operators will now be able to sign up for NameSentry Basic or NameSentry Enterprise service and pay a flat rate regardless of their domain name registration volumes. Architelos’ pioneering NameSentry service enables new gTLDs to not only comply with regulatory requirements for managing security threats such as domain name abuse, but also to build and maintain a safe and reputable namespace, with low commitment and low overhead.
“New gTLDs in the first year of launch want the certainty of knowing what their domain abuse mitigation and compliance costs would be, regardless of how much they grow,” said Alexa Raad, CEO of Architelos. “Introducing an easy to understand flat rate pricing structure for new gTLDs helps them manage costs while enjoying the upside of their growth,” she added. To comply with regulatory requirements and to ensure a safe namespace, new gTLDs can either choose a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) approach by investing in data, systems and personnel, or they can choose to outsource. A DIY option requires upfront and long-term investment in data, personnel and development, as well as an established expertise in domain name abuse mitigation. While there may be other outsource options, Architelos is the only independent, 3rd party provider, and NameSentry the leading service already adopted and in use by existing and new gTLDs.
Architelos’ market leading NameSentry service aggregates data from multiple third party malware, spam and phishing providers, to get the most real-time and comprehensive view. The service then layers investigative tools to quickly pinpoint abusive sites and bad actors, and employs automated workflows to shut down threats. Under the new promotional plan for new gTLDs, monthly subscriptions prices range from $389 for the Basic service to $689 for the Enterprise version. More info is available on the Architelos website.
NameSentrySM is an easy-to-use portal that allows you to monitor the overall health and reputation of your TLD or domain portfolio near real-time. With drill-down features that enable you to view domain abuse by category and details by domain, you can see which sites within your TLD or portfolio are hacked or infected.
You can also set customizable preferences to track specific issues, automatically notify your registrars about incidents, and fulfill audit requirements by documenting reports by time or incident. The NameSentrySM home page offers a quick summary of information, including the total number of domain abuse reports, types, and sources. Additionally, the system provides detailed listings of domains and incidents which are sortable by category, date, and more.
Who Can Benefit?
- New and existing TLDs and ccTLDs
- Registrars and resellers
- Large domain portfolio owners
- Anyone who does not want to incur the cost and time commitment of building a domain abuse detection and mitigation department
NameSentrySM also offers features not found anywhere else:
- Data feeds from the world’s most trusted domain security sources, automatically aggregated, collated, and delivered in an easy-to-use customized portal
- Coverage of the major domain abuse types: malware, phishing, spamming, botnets and more
- Configurable workflow features and tools
- Automated watch lists and registrar notification tools
- Automated alert notifications via email, text, or SMS
- Integration into your existing ticket system
- Audit trail to support documentation needs
- Intelligence features such as metrics and bench-marking
- Ability to monitor an entire TLD or a portfolio of domain names from a mix of TLDs
Additional optional services include:
- Full design and implementation of anti-abuse policies and procedures
- Option to outsource your abuse point-of-contact
- On-demand domain abuse analysis and investigations
- Take-down services
With NameSentry you also automatically get:
- Turnkey start-up and maintenance
- Comprehensive protection for various types of domain abuse including Phishing, Malware, Spam, Botnets and more
- All the advantages of having your own anti-abuse department, and experienced security experts without the overhead
- Immediate savings on operational and staffing costs
- Savings and protection on managing sales incentive and rebate programs — find bad customers and eliminate bad business
- Flexibility and convenience. You can dial up or down your coverage based on your domain risk profile, complement and extend existing abuse detection services and add additional domain abuse services if and when you need them
- A potential revenue source — a value-added service to offer your registrars, re-sellers, or registrants
- A turnkey domain compliance and audit solution that allows you to fulfill ICANN’s anti-abuse requirements for new gTLDs, maintain historical records, and measure SLAs and performance