In the second half of 2022 there were fewer domains registered (36 compared to 41 from H1, 2022), but the average price has slightly increased.
This comes as no surprise since overall trends in the domain industry as well as in the .ME registry suggest that consumer spending declines in the second part of the year.
Two-character names are still, by far, the most popular domain choice.
Premium Domain Sales – facts and figures
The data below applies to the period from July 1st to December 31st, 2022 and includes the facts and figures on .ME premium domains created with registrars. Premium domains registered through our .ME Premium Domain Program are NOT included.
- The total numbers of premium .ME domains registered – 36.
- Total revenue – 278,500 EUR. [*excluding the registrar’s margin which is usually from 15% to 25%].
- Some of the premium domains are already up and running such as Zk.ME, an identity service provider that verifies user credentials without disclosing any personal information (unless otherwise instructed), Lp.ME, a premium music studio from the MENA region with a 25-year old history and Easy.ME, a social wallet for all things Web3 that allows you to explore and transact on multiple chains without switching apps.
- Notable companies that registered .ME premium domains include GoTo, formerly LogMeIn Inc., a Boston-based provider of remote work tools for collaboration (they registered HelpDesk.ME) and CyberConnect.ME, a decentralized social graph protocol with identity self-sovereignty and network effects (they registered Cc.ME).
- The top registrars are GoDaddy (14 domains), NameCheap (8 domains), Key-Systems (7 domains) and Gandi (2 domains).
- Top countries are the United States (25 domains), Proxy (10 domains), and Singapore, Russia and Australia (1 domain each).
- The total number of 2 character domains – 10.
- Total number of three-character domains – 2.
For .ME premium domains, Meta (M.ME, Fb.ME, Ig.ME, Wa.ME, Work.ME, Msqrd.ME etc.) and Google (G.ME and Ro.ME) are, perhaps, the most notable returning customers among the Fortune 500. Interestingly, this trend is also visible on a smaller scale. For instance, two of the premium domains registered in H2, 2022 have been registered by the businesses that are already building on the .ME. In addition to HelpDesk.ME, GoTo is the holder of Join.ME, an online collaboration tool, and the primary online home for CyberConnect (the registrant of Cc.ME) is CyberConnect.ME.