.ME premium domain portfolio grew growing steadily in the first half of 2022. Two-character domains remain the main revenue driver.
Premium Domain Sales – facts and figures
The data below applies to the period from January 1st, to June 30th, 2022 and includes the facts and figures on .ME premium domains created with registrars. Premium domains registered through our .ME Premium Domain Program are NOT included.
- The total numbers of premium .ME domains registered – 41
- Total revenue – 313,000 EUR. [*excluding the registrar’s margin which is usually from 15% to 25%].
- Notable companies that registered .ME premium domains include HZ.ME registered by Meta Platforms, Inc. (former Facebook, Inc.), DD.ME created by Beijing Xiaoju Technology Co., Ltd, a Chinese company operating mobility technology platform and Beyond.ME, registered by Beyond Meat, Inc., a plant-based meat substitute producer that collaborates with companies like McDonald’s, Taco Bell, Dunkin’ Donuts and PepsiCo.
- Some of the premium domains are already up and running such as: Zo.ME (short for ZeroOne), which is Web 3 Messenger for Open Communication and 58.ME, a service that lets you outsource your human resources operations to HR experts.
- The top registrars are GoDaddy (14 domains), NameCheap (10 domains), Key-Systems (6 domains) and PSI-USA/InterNetX (2 domains).
- Top countries are the United States (25 domains), Proxy (10 domains), and China (2 domains).
- The total number of 2 character domains – 14
- Total number of three-character domains – 1.