I don’t know if you noticed or not but I took 10 days off. I took advantage of the US Labor Day and Bank Holidays on several Europeans countries last Monday and the Greek Holly Spirit holiday the following Monday to get away of it all. I needed some space from work and much needed rest.
I didn’t write on my blog and tried not to do anything that has to do with domaining. I didn’t read domaining.com but I read a couple of articles here and there. Especially when the articles were about domains I sold last year…
I mostly succeeded. I only made a couple of tweets and retweeted a bit. I also hand registered a .com and bought 3 .school New gTLD domains. 2 of them were surprisingly not reserved and at regular pricing so I couldn’t resist. These are meant for development. I didn’t do any research on .casino .school and .football but these 3 domains were available on days 5-6 of the EAP so I couldn’t resist. I probably missed on a few good ones but that is ok.
I also sold a New gTLD domain name that I will announce in a few days and one of my sales from last year became public as one of the blogs reported it. The blogger doesn’t know it was me that sold the domain. More on this soon.
And I made the regular weekly updates on Sold.Domains.
After writing all this maybe I didn’t succeed as much as I thought I did…
But here is what I did during these 10 last days:
- I went to a Greek island for almost 5 days.
- I slept a lot. I really needed that. I probably slept 1-13 hours on my first day on the island. Since December I have been working non-stop even on weekends. I also attended 2 conferences (NamesCon and Domaining Europe). Along with my clients, blog, working websites and the big sports team client I have mentioned it has been really crazy.
- Read a couple of magazines. I tried to catch up with my Wired, GQ and Esquire subscriptions.
- I went swimming.
- Played a lot with my daughter. Especially at the beach.
- Ate some great fresh Greek food.
- Drunk some beers and cocktails.
Here is what I decided to do for the rest of 2015:
- Decided to do more development and maybe hire a couple of people to help me. There is a major update on Sold.Domains coming soon.
- My prices are going up. I am not giving away any of my domain names.
- I want to loose 15 pounds. I gained a few pounds during the past 5 months. When I am tired and need sleep I tend to eat more. I also played very little tennis cause of bad weather (winter was hard in Greece this year) and even missed a couple of my regular games cause of work. This has never happened before.
- Less food. (see above) 🙂
- More tennis and running.
- More movies and a few drinks.
- Also I decided I need to clean my mailbox, hundreds of firefox tabs and get a new PC. All these make me waste a lot of productive time.
- I need to reply to a few emails from the past few months. I can’t tell you how sorry I am for not replying to some emails…
- I need to bring my stress level down. My stress level is down in the past 5 days and I think that sleep is one important factor. I will try to sleep at least 7 hours every night.
I didn’t attend DomainFest in Sofia this week because I needed this rest.
Finally, it seems that whenever I get a lot of downtime I have no internet connection. On 12 hour flights or on a ferry in the middle of the Aegean sea. Maybe that is a good thing.