I was avoiding Moniker for the most part of the past month. I had renewed all my June domains before their system change so I thought to remain calm by not logging into my account. I don’t have a lot of domains there anyway. But July renewals are coming up, so it was time to login and prepare to transfer all my domains out. Here are some of the problems I had and a few things I noticed:
- I had some trouble unlocking a few domains. I used the bulk unlock tool to unlock 13 domains. 7 unlocked immediately. 4 seemed to be unlocked in control panel but weren’t at the registry. 2 didn’t unlock in control panel for some strange reason (were not unlocked in registry too)
Then I tried to unlock the remaining 6. All 6 unlocked in control panel but was not unlocked at the registry.
The last 1 domain that remained unlocked, I locked it and then unlocked it again and it worked at the registry level.
Moniker had troubles before the system change with domains won at Snapnames that were caught with the registrar UDOMAINNAME.COM LLC. All 13 domains are registered there.
- Auth codes have not changed after the system change. So the auth codes I had are still working now.
- Domains I unlocked before the change are still unlocked.
- Auth codes you request arrive immediately.
- One auth code I got today was incorrect but I requested it again and transfer
started fine with the new auth code.
- There is no way to expedite the transfers. I will have to wait 5 days for transfers to complete. I hope all goes well.
- Support tickets are not being replied. I have submitted 3 since the system change. 2 are about a month old. No reply to any of the 3. I am in Greece so calling is not an option.
- The renewal for one of my domains that was left to expire and Moniker decided to renew it anyway has not been refunded as the support ticket has not been replied.
- Renewal grace period is set at about 30 days.
- Bulk search doesn’t work with upper case letters. It returns no domains.
- One domain I left expire seems to be renewed but there is no invoice.
- “Only” one domain has disappeared from my account. It was caught by Snapnames in March 2014. In whois I see this:
Registrar: OCTOPUSDOMAINS.NET LLC
Whois Server: whois.octopusdomains.net
Referral URL: http://www.web.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
So one can assume that the domain is with web.com. But octopusdomains.net redirects you to http://www.networksolutions.com/. So the domain must be there but I didn’t check. I didn’t get an email or anything. Will get to that later.
So the announcement that all Snapnames domains will be moved to Network Solutions only applies to domains caught after March or close to that?
Of course the maintenance notice is still there. For how long will it still be there?
Notice: Ongoing maintenance is currently being performed in an effort to restore full account functionality for users who have experienced any service interruptions. Our team is working diligently to correct outstanding issues experienced as a result of our new system launch. We appreciate your patience.
Here are the 6 Moniker posts I have made in the past month with all the problems after their system change so you can keep track on all of them:
Moniker’s CEO Bonnie Wittenburg Sends Message But No Timeline
Moniker is back up. Problems remain! (#3)
Moniker is closed for maintenance until 9:00 am (EDT)
Moniker Problems #2 (disappearing domains, wrong whois, invoices, new account ID)
Moniker: let the problems begin! (auto-renew, credit cards, control panel)
10 Steps To Help You Prepare For The New Moniker