The “Hartford Fire Insurance Company” has withdrawn it’s application for the sting .thehartford. This makes it the 1st new gTLD with assigned prioritization number and the 14th string in total to withdraw. The string received a Prioritization Number of 1874 on the prioritization draw last December.
The company’s official website is locate at thehartford.com. The question here is: what took them so long?
The company is eligible for a 70% refund of the application fees to ICANN. Each withdrawn application, is entitled to a refund of 70% of the $185,000 application fee that is or $130,000, since these fall “[a]fter posting of applications until posting of Initial Evaluation results,” as described in section 1.5.1 of the Applicant Guidebook.
The new gTLD application withdrawal and refund request process may take between 2-4 weeks to complete.
The other 13 applications that have withdrawn are:
- GLEAN (Lifestyle Domain Holdings, Inc.)
- GMBH (GMBH Registry, LLC)
- EST (Charleston Road Registry Inc.)
- KSB (KSB Aktiengesellschaft)
- HILTON (HLT Stakis IP Limited)
- CIALIS (Eli Lilly and Company)
- SWISS (Swiss International Air Lines Ltd.)
- ANSONS (CBM Creative Brands Marken GmbH)
- AND (Charleston Road Registry Inc.)
- CHATR (Rogers Communications Partnership)
- CAREMORE (WellPoint, Inc.)
- SKOLKOVO (Fund for Development of the Center for Elaboration and Commercialization of New Technologies)
- ARE (Charleston Road Registry Inc.)