This past week 2 more new gTLDs applications were withdrawn and their status was updated at the ICANN New gTLD website. These 2 withdrawn applications bring the total of withdrawn gTLD applications to 26.
GlobalX Information Pty Limited withdrew it’s application for the .GLOBALX new gTLD string. The strings received a Prioritization Number of 1007 on the prioritization draw last December. The company doesn’t have any more new gTLD applications. There are no more applicants for the .GLOBALX new gTLD string.
DocCheck AG from Germany withdrew its application for the MED string. The application received a Prioritization Number of 483 on the prioritization draw last December. DocCheck AG has no more new gTLD applications pending. There are 3 more applicants for the MED new gTLD string, including Google. There is also an application for the string MEDICAL from Donuts.
The applicants that withdraw an application are eligible for a 70% refund of the application fees to ICANN. Each withdrawn application, is entitled to a refund of 70% of the $185,000 application fee that is or $130,000, since these fall “[a]fter posting of applications until posting of Initial Evaluation results,” as described in section 1.5.1 of the Applicant Guidebook.
The new gTLD application withdrawal and refund request process may take between 2-4 weeks to complete.
The other 24 applications that have withdrawn are:
- GLEAN (Lifestyle Domain Holdings, Inc.)
- GMBH (GMBH Registry, LLC)
- EST (Charleston Road Registry Inc.)
- KSB (KSB Aktiengesellschaft)
- HILTON (HLT Stakis IP Limited)
- CIALIS (Eli Lilly and Company)
- SWISS (Swiss International Air Lines Ltd.)
- ANSONS (CBM Creative Brands Marken GmbH)
- AND (Charleston Road Registry Inc.)
- CHATR (Rogers Communications Partnership)
- CAREMORE (WellPoint, Inc.)
- SKOLKOVO (Fund for Development of the Center for Elaboration and Commercialization of New Technologies)
- ARE (Charleston Road Registry Inc.)
- THEHARTFORD (Hartford Fire Insurance Company)
- GMC (General Motors LLC)
- CADILLAC (General Motors LLC)
- CHEVROLET (General Motors LLC)
- TRANSFORMERS (Hasbro International, Inc.)
- CHARTIS (American International Group, Inc.)
- HEINZ (ProMark Brands Inc.)
- KETCHUP (ProMark Brands Inc.)
- OLYMPUS (Olympus Corporation)
- HOME (Go Daddy East, LLC)
- CASA (Go Daddy East, LLC)