Brandsight concluded their Third Annual Domain Management Survey. The survey was sent to more than 300 companies.
Of those that responded, 18% had portfolios smaller than 500 domains, 34% had mid-sized portfolios containing 501 – 3,000 domains, 32% had large portfolios containing 3,001 – 10,000 domains and 16% had portfolios with more than 10,000 domains.
Highlight’s from this year’s survey included:
- 91% of respondents stated the ensuring the security of their domain name portfolio was an extremely important goal, and 69% percent found doing so to be a challenge
- 83% of respondents said that dealing with the impact of GDPR and the inability to access WHOIS contact information has been a challenge for them, which represents a slight drop of 5 percentage points over last year’s survey
- 76% of respondents said that reducing domain name expenditures was an extremely important or somewhat important goal for their domain name portfolio, which represented a drop of 12 percentage points from last year
- 69% of respondents said that paring back bloated portfolios was a challenge, which represented a drop of 12 percentage points from last year
- 54% respondents said that managing their domain name portfolio has become more difficult over the past year, which represents a very slight increase of 1% percentage points over last year