EURid released its 2019 Quarterly Progress Report.
.EU is shrinking ending Q2 2019 with 3,623,691 domain registrations. The extension had 3,790,450 domains ending Q2 2018. But you will not find this number comparison in the report below!
Q2 2019 saw the launch of the 2019 .eu Web Awards, the strengthening of EURid efforts to fight online fraud in cooperation with EUIPO and the contribution to environmental initiatives.
Developments throughout the quarter also included:
- EURid and European Commission Service Concession Contract extended until 12 October 2022;
- EURid contributed to the Monchique reforestation in Portugal and the Uganda Borehole projects to offset its CO2 emissions;
- ICANN announced the completion of the string evaluation for the IDN ccTLD “ευ” (xn--qxa6a), .eu in Greek.
The quarter ended with a total of 3623691 .eu registrations.
Other statistical highlights include:
- 164906 new domain name registrations were recorded;
- Ireland tops the list of top growth countries at +18% growth;
- The average renewal rate was 82.3%, up 4% since Q1.
Q2 confirmed to be strong on renewal rate as the .eu domain name registration was launched in April 2006, that is also the month when the majority of .eu domain names were registered. The renewal rate of Q2 shows that the original registrants continue to rely on their .eu domain names.
For further details, consult the full EURid’s Q2 2019 Progress Report.