Today, ICANN published the results of the ICANN57 participant survey, and the technical, demographic and attendance statistics.
There are two reports – the Community Feedback report and the By The Numbers report. These reports summarize the findings from ICANN’s first Annual General Meeting of the new Meeting Strategy.
- 3,182 attendees, which broke the previous record of 3,155 for ICANN50 in London
- 70% of attendees listed their region as Asia (ICANN 57 was held in Hyderabad, India but still this number is quite big)
- 381 sessions held
- Top three sessions by attendance:
- Opening Ceremony
- Public Forum 1
- Public Forum 2
- 942 unique mobile app visits
- 55,110 schedule website page views
- Survey respondents were split on whether they want to return to the one-day constituency day structure
- 64% of survey respondents want to keep the two-day public forum structure
Click on this link to download the full ICANN57 Community Feedback report [PDF, 1.9 MB].
Click here to download the full ICANN57 By The Numbers report [PDF, 6.79 MB].
So it follows that if 70% of the attendees are from Asia, any claims that the “the Chinese market is dead” are laughable – because we all know that it’s quite an investment to go to conferences.