The DomainWire Global TLD Stat Report’ (Q2, 2016) is now available for download. The report covers the global status and registration trends in all Top Level Domains (legacy gTLDs, new gTLDs and ccTLDs) with additional focus on the European ccTLD market. Highlights from the report:
– There are just over 331 million domains combined across all top-level domains (TLDs) globally – an increase of 2.4% over Q2 2016.
– Median growth in Europe has stabilised over the past 6 months with the usual pre-summer peak hitting the same level as in the previous year.
– The recent Chinese boom in domain sales had the most impact on legacy gTLDs with little impacts to European ccTLDs.
– Within the European market ccTLDs have an average 50.2% of their country market share.
– Post Chinese boom, .com has continued to grow while other legacy gTLDs have seen declines.
– New gTLDs grew 33% and represent 12% over all gTLDs and 6.4% over all TLDs (ccTLDs and gTLDs combined)
DomainWire Global TLD Stat Report is CENTR’s quarterly publication covering status and trends in global top-level domains with a focus on European ccTLDs (country code top-level domains). CENTR is the association of European country code top-level domain (ccTLD) registries, such as .de for Germany or .si for Slovenia.
CENTR currently counts 53 full and 9 associate members – together, they are responsible for over 80% of all registered domain names worldwide. The objectives of CENTR are to promote and participate in the development of high standards and best practices among ccTLD registries.