After a very successful launch (38,000 domains in the first 24 hours) and breaking all nTLDrecords, .online surpassed 100,000 domain registrations this morning. Radix shared the 100,000th domain to be registered – myfamilyroots.online that came through eNom.
While .online got a jumpstart at general availability, the TLD has maintained momentum and climbed to a top 15 nTLD spot in less than 3 months from GA. The TLD has featured on several registrar storefronts like GoDaddy, 1&1, Namecheap (retailing around the $9-$15) that have played a significant role in getting the TLD so high up in the ranks, so early.
Sandeep Ramchandani, Business Head of Radix “It is definitely an exciting time for us & we’re glad that all the effort & resources invested in this extension are coming to fruition. The next year is going to be EVEN bigger & we’re certain .online will emerge as one of the leading new extensions.” This milestone comes at a time as Radix surpasses 1 million Domains Under Management. A quick scan of the .online zone through DataProvider pulls out some interesting data points:
- 100+ sites in Alexa 1 million & it’s the 2nd fastest nTLD in terms of new additions to the Alexa 1 million list (for the last 30 days)
- 70% domains between 3-10 characters
- 28,500+ domains already have developed sites in just 2.5 months of launch. This excludes sites with parked & placeholder pages.
- There are a total of 246,085 pages on these developed site
- 9,727 are optimized for mobile or have a mobile version
- 42,100+ of the domains have MX records
- 56% sites in English
- 19.4% sites in German
- 8.6% sites in Dutch
- 4.9% sites in Russian
- 2.1% sites in French
The sites with the most amount of traffic on .online are:
Here’s a testimonial from one of their customers summing up why .online works and why the TLD is where it is today ““online embodied the nature of our business more than other options. We love the fact it’s not connected to a country, but that it’s connected to a concept. We’ve received a lot of positive feedback with the new extension, and it’s resolved a lot of confusion our previous country based extension had. We believe .online is the best extension for business like ours!” – Melinda Jacobs, Founder & CEO www.clustr.online