Go Daddy published a very interesting infographic on its small business blog.
“Politicians and celebrities are making headlines for domain names they DIDN’T register — opening the door for others to launch websites attached to domains with their famous names. How can you avoid making the same mistake with your online presence?”
- You don’t have to register every domain name, but target the right names to reduce risk and increase visibility.
- Buy the 10 most obvious domains.
- Register names well ahead of a big announcement.
- Forward domains to relevant website and social media pages.
- Register domain names with a variety of relevant domain extensions (like .republican or .democrat).
“Check out the infographic below to learn more about how you can protect your brand online.”