Afilias today announced that six leading organic brands are participating in the .ORGANIC domain pioneer program and plan to launch .ORGANIC sites soon.
These brands include:
- Rodale Institute — Organic pioneers since 1947, the Rodale Institute is a nonprofit dedicated to pioneering organic farming through research and outreach. Their upcoming websites include RodaleInstitute.organic and research.organic.
- Stonyfield — Stonyfield is a leading maker of nourishing organic yogurts and dairy products, and will soon promote their organic offerings at stonyfield.organic.
- Applegate — Applegate is a producer of high-quality natural and organic hot dogs, bacon, sausages, deli meats, cheese and frozen products. Applegate plans to launch sites at applegate.organic and hotdogs.organic.
- Bitsy’s Brainfood — A mega-delicious and ultra-nutritious line of smart snacks and resources that nurture kids’ bodies, minds, and imaginations. A site at bitsys.organic is forthcoming.
- NibMor — The producers of dark chocolate products created using the most delicious organic, non-GMO, Fair Trade and gluten-free ingredients plan a Web presence at nibmor.organic.
- OMRI — The Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) supports organic integrity by providing organic certifiers, growers, manufacturers, and suppliers an independent review of products intended for use in certified organic production, handling, and processing. OMRI is preparing a site at OMRI.organic.
.Organic has only 29 domain names registered today although it entered general availability on Monday but that is maybe because Afilias has not yet started proceeding the domain applications as .organic is a restricted New gTLD. Only companies affiliated with the organic industry are allowed to register .organic domain names.
“Given the growing popularity of the term “organic” with consumers, it is increasingly important that buyers be able to trust that providers who offer “organics” can prove they actually deliver organic goods. The .ORGANIC domain meets that need by requiring anyone who wants to register a .ORGANIC Internet address to submit their organic credentials for verification prior to using the domain name.”
“The usefulness of .ORGANIC Internet addresses has resonated strongly throughout the organic community, which is why leading organic brands have signed up to become .ORGANIC domain pioneers.”
“It’s exciting to see these organic leaders adopt the .ORGANIC domain so quickly. And it’s especially gratifying to be able to announce this adoption at Natural Products Expo East 2014. The speedy adoption by such reputable organizations reinforces our belief that .ORGANIC will really help distinguish the organic space on the Internet,” said Roland LaPlante, Senior Vice President and CMO, Afilias. “And for consumers, a special Internet space for verified organic providers means they can have confidence that the information they find at .ORGANIC sites is from confirmed organic community members.”
“Exhibitors and attendees of Natural Products Expo East 2014 in Baltimore (running September 17-20, 2014), many of whom may benefit from the brand differentiation and marketing opportunities associated with a .ORGANIC domain name, are invited to visit the .ORGANIC team at booth #9009 to get first-hand information on the domain registration requirements and process. .ORGANIC registrants are accepted in several different categories ranging from certified organic producers to organic restaurants and other eligible organic community members. The verification process is designed to be easy for authentic community members: simply answer a few questions with information that can be checked by our verification team.”
For more details, please visit www.get.organic.