160,000+ previously reserved “ICANN collision” names are now available for registration across 8 Afilias New gTLDs.
Couldn’t register for great names like caribbean.blue, bake.organic, or planet.red? Now you can. Or maybe you can’t because Afilias reserved some of them.
Afilias announced that the Name Collision Management process as required by ICANN is complete for the 8 new top level domains (TLDs) that Afilias launched in 2014. This means that 160,000+ previously reserved names are now available for public registration.
The newly released names span across the following domains:
For sites that convey power, style and success, .BLACK targets businesses with black in their name as well as luxury products and services that offer understated elegance. New names released: over 21,000.
- Blue is the world’s most popular color which is naturally associated with water. Interestingly, it is also the centerpiece of the “Light It Up Blue” campaign for Autism Awareness Month (happening now in April). From groups and individuals who care about autism, to organizations with an environmental (water specifically) focus, to companies in the boating/marine/shipping industry – .BLUE sites project a sense of harmony, trustworthiness and confidence. New names released: over 20,000.
- The first family name on the Internet, .KIM is natural choice for Korean families, businesses, and organizations with the most common Korean surname “Kim.” Moreover, the .KIM has proven to be very popular among Turkish entities that want to leverage the word kim, which means “who” in Turkish. New names released: over 27,000.
- A protected web space dedicated to truly organic products and services, .ORGANIC is available exclusively to verified community members including organic producers, farmer, and distributors; organic textile and skincare providers; organic restaurants; certifiers in the organic community; media and bloggers catering to the organic community and industry; and non-profit and trade associations in the organic field. New names released: almost 2,000.
- Conveying personality traits of courage, compassion and optimism, the .PINK domain works extremely well for products and services targeting women of all ages. New names released: over 14,000.
- Leveraging the Hindi word for “education” and “learning,” .SHIKSHA is the only web address tailored for Indian-centric educational services. New names released: 80.
- Leveraging the strong feelings evoked by the color red, the .RED domain fits a wide range of sites, from festive (Valentine’s, Christmas, Chinese New Year) to celebratory (weddings, parties) to just about anything passionate (fan blogs, art sites). New names released: over 76,000.
- .移动 (dotChineseMobile)
- Identifying Chinese sites as mobile-friendly, dotChineseMobile targets Chinese businesses and organizations that need to reach a quickly-growing mobile Chinese audience. New names released: 18.