EuRid, the .eu registry operator,.eu introduced a revised trade and transfer procedure for .eu domains names today, 21 November 2012. The revised procedure aims to automate the .eu trade and transfer process, making it more user friendly for both .eu domain name holders and their registrars.
Highlights of the main changes include:
- Owner changes (trades) are now free of charge
- Owner changes are executed directly, no confirmation via email required
- The registration period remains the same after an owner change
- The authcode must be requested before initiating a transfer (valid for 40 days)
- Transfers are performed in real-time
- After a transfer, the domain registration term is extended by 1 year
The new .eu trade and transfer procedure adopts common industry practices in that it will add a year to the current registration period of your domain. Also EURid now permits owners to either simply transfer the domain from one registrar to another or to do a transfer and owner change at the same time. The authorization codes for .eu domain names are created on the fly by request and are only valid for 40 days.
The changes are the result of a lengthy development process that included extensive consultation with .eu accredited registrars, as well as analysis of the top-level domain market best practices.
Due to this revision of trade and transfer procedure for .eu domain names, new versions of the .eu Terms and Conditions and Registration Policy also come into effect today.