At last some change in the NamesCon Global domain auction as the action moves from Namejet to GoDaddy.
The new platform is of course GoDaddy Auctions with its pros and cons.
The auction page is already active with 57 domains listed for pre-bidding. A lot more domains are going to be added to the auction as we get closer to NamesCon.
On January 27th, between 100-200 of these (approximately 500) auction names will be selected to go to live auction on January 30th at NamesCon Global 2020 in Austin, Texas.
(The instructions say that “You can sign up to bid with Proxibid as early as January 27th.”. Not sure what this means…)
Here are some more details on how to submit domain to the auction and on how to bid:
NamesCon auction event
GoDaddy is partnering with NamesCon, Right of the Dot and Proxibid to bring a unique event auction experience to domain buyers around the world. The NamesCon auction is known for being an excellent opportunity to buy some of the best domains curated specifically for this event. This is one of the very few domain auctions with a live auction component, complete with a real life auctioneer.
Some of the names sold over the past few years include:
How does the auction work?
- Approximately 500 great domain names are chosen from thousands of submissions. If you currently own a domain you’d like to be considered for auction, you can submit the domain for review.
- In early December, these names are loaded into the special event auction on GoDaddy Auctions. You can place bids on domain names through the GoDaddy Auctions site.
- On January 27th, between 100-200 of these auction names will be selected to go to live auction on January 30th at NamesCon Global in Austin, Texas.
- Not going to be in Austin but still want to bid on the domains? Proxibid will be the live bidding platform used for the event auction. You can visit Proxibid to sign up for an account, then bid on domains online during the live auction.
- You can sign up to bid with Proxibid as early as January 27th.
- If you’ve been bidding on a domain that gets selected for the live auction, we’ll email you about the change. You’ll need to continue bidding through the live auction at that time.
- After the live auction ends, any unsold domains that were selected for the live auction will be returned to GoDaddy’s event auction.
- You can continue to bid on these domains until this extended auction ends on February 14, 2020.
- Any names not selected for the live auction on January 27th will remain on GoDaddy Auctions for bidding until February 14, 2020.
Who can place a bid?
Anyone with a valid GoDaddy auction membership can bid on domains while they’re on the GoDaddy auction. If you wish to bid on domains over $1,500 you’ll need to verify your bidding account. If you’re bidding with Proxibid during the live auction, you’ll need to complete verification with their site according to their rules for high dollar bidding. You can also register to bid live at the NamesCon event. GoDaddy representatives will be on site to help you sign up correctly.