I have decided to start documenting and posting every week the domain name “inquiries” and the messages that come with them.
Well actually these are not really domain name inquiries. These are people that are obviously confused as to what website they ended up with. They think it is the website of a company or something that they are searching for when it fact it obviously isn’t!
They arrive on landing page with a simple contact form on it or they click on a “Contact Us” link and then get to a contact form. And then the fun begins!
I really doubt sometimes at the level of computer and internet literacy even in 2018…
Here are the top comments on my domain name “inquiries” from the past week:
- i want to visit your web site..
- i have lost my phone on holiday. i need a reference number to be able to claim on my insurance.
- looking to get my birth cirtificate
- i m human being
- I bought a sweater jacket the other day from a sale in Greeley the Stampede area. Anyway mine didn’t fit but I gave it to my granddaughter because it was to small. Can I get another at that price here please but bigger?? Sincerely Lori
- My son Gabe (17) is there w friends Dylan and Gavin and tbis is me giving him permission to jump tonight Saturday Oct 13 2018
My replies would be “Already here!”, “#1”, “Go get it”, “Me too”, “Sure you can”, “Jump!”… 🙂
I don’t usually reply to these unless it is something about a bad credit card charge that I obviously don’t know anything about as I don’t provide any services or sell any goods on these pages.
Oh and I don’t reply to inquiries with comments like “hello”, “hi”, “Plz call me”, “I like it”, “I need”, “hey, how are u”, etc.
Do you get similar comments? Please share!