The 2nd “Brands and Domains” conference will be held on October 2-3 at The Hague, Netherlands.
The objectives of the conference according to the organizers are:
- Inform brands about the existing use cases so that brands include dotBrand in their digital marketing tools landscape.
- Raise awareness and educate communication and web agencies about the potential of dotBrand domains.
- Connect the world of digital marketing and branding with the domain name ecosystem.
This is the second annual Brands & Domains conference and features speakers such as Akram Atallah, Deputy CEO and President, Global Domains Division and Georges Edouard Dias, ex Chief Digital Officer of L’Oreal.
The conference will also exclusively share the results of an SEO contest run by web agencies, and involve universities and researchers.
Tickets cost 300 Euro. The venue will be GRAND HOTEL AMRATH KURHAUS.
Monday, 2nd October 2017
- Arrival, Registration and Networking
- Morning session starts at 10 AM to allow for morning arrival
- Keynote opening by Georges Edouard Dias, author of “Brand hospitality”
- Global dotBrand status
- DotBrand and Trust : Building a branded space to protect your brand and your customers
- dotBrand, Counterfeits and Cybercrime
- dotBrand and Brand Protection strategy
- dotBrand and naming strategy
- DotBrand and Governance: Shaping the role of brands in internet governance
- Trusted and predictable dotBrand
- Engaging with ICANN
- Ready for more dotBrands?
Tuesday, 3rd October 2017
- Morning sessions start at 9.00
- DotBrand as a digital identity
- DotBrand activation examples and landscape
- DotBrand and SEO : Keyword rich domains and SEO competition results
- DotBrand and Social Media
- Brands tell us how they did it
Dot stories supports the creation of brand equity through the domain names space. Founded in 2015, coming from the world of omnichannel marketing and branding to the Domain Name space, dot stories bridges the gap between two different universe. Our vision for dot brand is a flagship for major brands, where customers will fully experience the brand and will create emotional bonding.
We support brands desiring to convey more values, culture, desire, emotions through a more complex and versatile digital presence. We educate and unveil the potential for dot brand domains, work with the organizations to understand how new gTLD can support their present vision and challenge in the short and long term. We work with brands, with consultants, and co-publish the dot brand observatory, the research programme about dot brands.
More information is available at Dot Stories
The Brand Registry Group (BRG) is an association of companies who share the goal of empowering Brand Top-Level-Domains (Brand TLDs) in the domain name industry.
The BRG’s purpose is to support the collective interests of our members and help them to derive maximum value from their Brand TLDs.
The BRG was formed in 2013 when a number of companies foresaw the need to work collaboratively within the domain name industry to support the needs of Brands that applied for their own TLD after ICANN opened the application round for new gTLDs. As of July 2016, the BRG has grown to more than 40 members, representing over 70 Brand TLDs. We have a diverse membership across the globe, with 48% based in Europe, 30% in North America and 20% in Asia and the remainder in the Middle East.
Transitional Membership is also open to companies that intend to apply for one or more Brand TLDs in the future. This provides a special ‘Observer’ status and enables early BRG community access and participation.
More information is available at brandregistrygroup
Promoter and organizer of Brandsand.Domains. Internet business entrepreneur since 1994 and organizes the yearly conference “Domaining Europe” since nine years – the major European event in the Domaining sector. The last edition was held in Berlin (Germany) in May 2017.
Born in Austria, he moved to Valencia 30 years ago and started working on a variety of Internet projects. He established the first Internet Service Provider (ISP) of the Valencian Community which he sold in 2010 to be able to focus on his main passion: The Domains.
Since then, he combines his activity as investor and domains developer with the outreach through events in several European countries. The most recent is TheName.show, which will visit several Spanish and European cities, informing about new domains.
They are going to have a very hard job of selling a 2nd round of this junk.