Flippa has added several options in its domain name search tool including an option to search for letter/number patterns in domains more easily.
Flippa has added the following options to utilize when searching and browsing Flippa Domains:
- Placement: choose to place your keyword either at the start or end of the query. You can also simply search for the “Exact” result.
- Pattern: search for letter-only results (for example, “LLL” will bring you all three-character domains), number-only (“NNNN” will bring you all four-digit numerics), or any combination of the two (“LNN” will bring you letter-number-number results). This is of course not limited to simply three or four string results; play around and find anything from one-digit to 12+ letter results.
- Exclusions: searching for something without numbers or hyphens? Now you can tick the “Exclude” boxes to filter those out. Have an aversion to a particular letter? Click the “More Options” arrow and chuck-out what you wish.
- Items Per Page: now you can view 50, 100 or 250 results at one time, per page.
Back in January, Flippa Domains unveiled its new layout, which included improvements to their domain search functionality.
Here’s a quick recap of overall changes Flippa has made over the past six months:
- The $250 / $350 Premium Upgrade packages were retired.
- “Unlimited” relistings for domain auctions were discontinued, improving the quality of domains within the marketplace. You can still relist any domain auction one time, for free.
- Conducting Domain Appraisals no longer awards credits.
- “Reserve Met” auctions received its own search filter, also including auction results where the first bid placed would meet reserve.
- Listings with a “Buy It Now” can also be included by toggling the corresponding checkbox.
- Relisting a domain as a non-auction (“classified”) listing can be done with 2 clicks.
Flippa is great for buyers – you can get names below the current base price, but crappy for sellers – because, well, you sell below the current base price.
You might as well try selling on Namepros at least you don’t pay listing and successful sale fees.
Flippa is more about promoting the domain ‘seller’ than the domain ‘name’…..
Since the $250 / $350 Premium Upgrade has been removed, Flippa domain listings has grown over 1 million from several thousands, so finally they improved.