Top Level Domain Holdings Limited (AIM: TLDH.L), the only publicly traded company focused exclusively on acquiring and operating new generic top-level domains (“gTLDs”), announced its audited results for the fourteenmonth period ended 31 December 2012 (the “Period”).
- 92 gTLD applications lodged on behalf of the Company and its clients;
- £420,000 of revenue generated in the period (2011: £54,000);
- cash and cash equivalents at 31 December 2012 of £2,418,000 (2011: £7,074,000); and
- Company expects to see the first of its domains become operational in 2013 generating significant cash inflow opportunities for the Company in 2013.
Post Period Highlights
- 4 gTLD applications submitted for withdrawal from the gTLD program – once the withdrawals are processed the total applications lodged will be 88;
- following completion of ICANN’s string similarity review, TLDH and its clients have a total of 21 uncontested applications of its remaining 88;
- 2 gTLD applications – 购物 (“shopping”) and .网址 (“site”) – have passed Initial Evaluation;
- up to $15,000,000 (£9.9M) additional funding raised to support the bid for one of its contested applications;
- joint venture formed with the only other applicant for the .country gTLD ensuring that the Company will receive revenue from this contested string when launched; and
- core registry operations are being set up in Dublin, with additional operations being managed out of London to support .London.
Executive Chairman, Fred Krueger, commented:
The directors believe that TLDH is now very well positioned to participate in the expansion of the Internet and we look forward to playing our part in creating a vibrant new wave of innovation, consumer choice and wealth creation on the Internet as a result of the gTLD program. The introduction of new gTLDs will create significant opportunities in both direct investment and service revenues for the Company.
A full copy of the Company’s audited results, which are being posted to shareholders shortly, is available here
About Top Level Domain Holdings Limited
Top Level Domain Holdings is a publicly-traded holding company listed on the London AIM market. The company is focused on the new top-level domain space. Top-level domains, such as .com, run by VeriSign (NASDAQ: VRSN), and .biz, run by NeuStar (NYSE: NSR), are regulated by ICANN. ICANN has announced plans to expand the number of top-level domains. TLDH intends to make targeted investments in this space, focusing on both infrastructure technologies and specific top-level domains.
About Minds + Machines
Minds + Machines is a registry services provider that works internationally with commercial organisations, cities, not-for-profits, and entrepreneurs to secure and operate new web domains, known as top-level domains (TLDs). Minds and Machines Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Top Level Domains Holdings Limited.